Summertime can be a difficult time for your HVAC system. With the rising temperatures, your air conditioning unit works extra hard to keep your home cool and comfortable. To ensure your system runs efficiently and effectively, here are a few tips from Aqua Plumbing & Air:
1. Change your air filter regularly. This is one of the most important parts of summer maintenance. Dirty air filters can restrict air flow and cause your unit to shut down. Make sure you inspect your filter at least once a month and replace it as needed.
2. Check the condenser unit. This unit is responsible for removing heat from your home. During the summer it will be running constantly, and it can be susceptible to damage from debris or other objects. Make sure to keep the area around your condenser unit clear and inspect it weekly.
3. Keep your outdoor unit clean. In addition to inspecting your condenser unit, make sure to clean the outdoor unit. Dirt and debris can clog and damage the unit, reducing its efficiency. If necessary, have a professional technician from Aqua Plumbing & Air clean and maintain the unit.
4. Make sure your vents are clear. Air vents can become blocked by furniture or other objects. Before the start of the summer, make sure all of your vents are clear and open. This will allow your unit to run efficiently and ensure your home is being cooled evenly.
5. Schedule regular maintenance. The best way to ensure your HVAC system is running properly is to schedule regular maintenance with a professional technician from Aqua Plumbing & Air. Regular maintenance can help identify any potential issues, keep your system running efficiently and help prolong the life of the unit.
By following these tips, you can ensure your HVAC system runs efficiently and effectively during the hot summer months. For more tips and advice, visit energy.gov for more information.